My Hero


What makes someone a hero? In modern society heroes are portrayed in an extreme ways. We can easily label the handsome, strong, tall man who stops a train before it crashes on a television show as a hero, but what happens to our "Average Joe" heroes. Magnified examples tend to make us lose the image and take for granted the heroes we encounter on a daily basis. The person I admire has an immense impact on my life and can easily be labeled my hero. She may not be perfect but she has taught me everything I know, always been there, and at times believed in me more than I do. That wonderful woman with straight structure, black short hair, and glowing eyes is not only my hero but also my Madre (mom).


As we all know this world has a vast amount of knowledge to learn, analyze, and understand. Once I step back and begin to analyze the knowledge I’ve gained it is easy to acknowledge how I gained it. Whether it has been directly or indirectly I can truly say that everything I have learned is because of my mom. Through the hard life my mom has lived I have not only learned life lessons but also to appreciate everything I have and even the things I may not have in my life at this moment. She has inflicted life morals, values, and goals that have given me tremendous learning opportunities. Whether it has been telling me her life stories, yelling at me, getting me to understand, encouraging me to do better, pushing me, or simply waking me up in the morning to go to school I always have and always will learn something thanks to her.


A fact that I know and will always remain intact is that my mom has always and will always be by my side. She has always been there for me even though I can get on her last nerve. Whether it is something thing as simple as cutting my hair or going through my guy drama, she has always been there. At times I know that she doesn’t agree with what I think or what I do but no matter what she always puts her barriers down to try to understand me. If anything goes wrong I know that she will be there to listen to me but also her shoulder for me to cry on. I know that she will be right next to me the day of my wedding even though she detests the guy that I am marrying.


Out of all the things she does to benefit me and my future way of life, the one thing that has the greatest impact is that at times she believes in me more than I do. It is great to know that even though I may not have the strength or power to push forward, I know that my mom still believes in me. Her believe in me is highly expressed and is the single thing that at times gives me the strength and power I need to do anything. Her push on me gives me the momentum to keep pushing because I know she believes in me and I can’t fail her. Being able to look into her glowing eyes and tell her that I did it is the most satisfying thing. All the things she has done for me that I will never be able to repay her for, are the believe and power behind all my achievements.


There is not a single thing I can say that I have accomplished without my mom. I may have done my homework by myself, but if it wasn’t for my mom pushing me to do it I might not have done it at all. When people see my transcript and congratulate me for my achievements what they don’t see in that piece of paper is the important story. People don’t get to see the great support and fountain of knowledge that my mom has provided me with. They don’t get to see the hardships and struggles and what it took from both of us to overcome it. All they get to see is the finish product.


**I know that life is hard and at times seems pointless but sometimes coming from the bottom makes the top much more satisfying and meaningful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment